Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Barbie Wednesdays and other good stuff




I noticed that my new blog friends at Two Crazy Crafters (waving hello to Twyla and Lindsey!) have a fun thing called Barbie Wednesdays. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know all the ins and outs of Barbie Wednesdays (please forgive me Twyla and Lindsey) but I thought it would be fun to show this old Barbie book of mine I found at my parents house. I love the graphics on the inside. I also found one of the old catalogs that came with a Barbie or when you bought an outfit or accessories but I've forgotten where I put it for safekeeping. Woe is me and the middle aged brain.

Well someone out there must have heard me bemoaning the high cost of blinds and shades yesterday because ... I received another delightful email communique detailing yet another windfall that could be mine. Someone's sure looking out for me these days, huh?!

Hello,
I am a staff of Euro Million Lottery.I am contacting you to soliciting your assistance for a swift transfer of 4,528,000 GBP, should you be willing to assist me in this project, I will be taking just 50% of the above sum. As brief, all i require of you is to register online, with my position in the company I can make it happen that you would .be a winner of the above stated amount. Naturally, every body would like to play a lottery if they are assured of winning. I am assuring you today to be a winner, please do not take for granted this once in a life time opportunity as we both stand to collectively gain from this at the success of the transaction. Should you be willing to assist me on this transaction,write me back ASAP.


Speaking of our window treatments, the sales rep came out today and measured and gave us the quote. Thankfully it was a little less than the ballpark figure given earlier, after factoring the manufacturer's discounts being offered in August. But still - holy moly! I don't know how people manage to decorate or upgrade these days.

You can write us in care of our new address at the Poor House, as it looks like we're going to sign the contract and be the proud, albeit impoverished, owners of new window shades.

Oh! The husband ran over to the paint store at the crack of dawn this morning to obtain paint color number seven in the "let's drive this couple around the bend, color choice derby". He painted a new splotch on our wall and Eureka! Lucky seven is the one. Hurray hurrah!

The good news, the completely out of left field good news, is that we left to do errands after we received our quote for shades - when we got home, she had left us a message saying that the owner of the store wanted to pay for our parking ticket we got outside of the store.

Huh? What?! Pick me up off the floor. Can you believe that?! I think it may have been because I told her that I had bought my draperies from them nearly twenty years ago (I left out that my mom had bought her draperies from them thirty five years ago and more later on). Isn't that nice of them! Our getting a ticket had nothing to do with them at all, completely our fault and responsibility.

So now I've just got to contact the man about my millions of British pounds and all will be right with the world teehee.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sally Annie! I miss so much when I don't check in with you Every Day! Thank you so much for this sweet post. I am glad you like Barbie Wednesdays. BW's started out about a year ago with Lindsey sharing her collection of Barbies. When she ran out of things to show she moved on to finding other aspects of Barbie collecting to talk about. For instance, today's post is about storing your Barbies. Lindsey has the book you show in this post because our dear friend Elizabeth sent it to her! Anytime you want to jump on the bandwagon and post something Barbie on BW, we would love to see what you have to show or say. Thank you for being such a sweet new friend. Have a nice day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Twyla!

    You're such a sweetie. Thank you so much for all of your comments. I'm working my way "forward" (that'd be towards today, am I making sense???) in replying.

    I'm looking forward to being able to read backwards in your blog when the hubby returns to work the end of this month. I'm especially looking forward to Lindsey's Barbie posts.

    It was so thrilling to find my Barbies (and Ken and Midge and Skipper and Scooter - I think that's everybody?!) still at my parents house. I had thought my mom had passed them on to my cousin forty years ago.

    So much fun!

    Hope you're having a great week,

    Sally

    ReplyDelete